AMBON: RELEASED TWO MEMBERS OF SEPARATIST MOVEMENT
MISNA - Missionary Service News Agency 13 JAN 2003 (11:23)
Two leaders of the FKM (Self-government Front of the Moluccas) separatist movement, Alex Manuputty and Semmy Waeleruny were welcomed enthusiastically by more than a thousand supporters on their arrival in Ambon on January 11.
It was reported to MISNA by the Fathers of the Crisis Centre Diocese of Amboina.
Having arrived at the Kudamati area, they first of all headed for the “Sinar” church for a brief worship together with several hundreds of sympathisers.
In a brief allocution, Manuputty shouted: “Mena Muria! God is on our side! Dear Alifuru brothers, our fight is for Salam (Muslim) and Sarani (Christian) alike.
Our fight is without any weaponry. Our fight is a moral one, whilst praying to God”. A crowd of several thousands of people then accompanied them to Manuputty’s nearby house under the sounds of joyful trumpet music.
Manuputty confirmed that, together with Semmy Waeleruny, he had been in detention in Jakarta for eight months and ten days, but had never been
distressed, for God had comforted them. God will not leave those who suffer and yearn for the truth.
Manuputty was stopped and brought to police headquarters last April 17 on charges of “instigating the population” in view of the 25 April 52nd anniversary of the foundation of the RMS (Republik Maluku Selatan, Republic of Southern Moluccas). The separatist leader was later charged with treason. (BP)
Small bomb tests Ambon's fragile peace
The Jakarta Post January 15, 2003
The fragile peace in Ambon was shattered on Tuesday when a homemade bomb exploded near a public transportation vehicle in the predominantly Muslim area of Batu Merah, which led to stone throwing and the torching of a vehicle belonging to the local diocese.
The violence erupted while four ministers and several other officials from
Jakarta were meeting with the interim Maluku governor, Sinyo Harry Sarundayang, at his residence in the Mangga Dua area.
Three men were wounded, one from the explosion and two from the stone pelting, which shattered the windows of the targeted vehicle. The back window of another vehicle was shattered from the explosion.
Following the incident at about 10:45 a.m., nearby roads were closed, while other streets became immediately deserted. The situation returned to normal in the afternoon, however, employees and other office workers went home early. "People are fed up, they're not easily influenced," said Donald H., a public transportation driver.
The wounded were First Sgt. Edi Suatima of the artillery battalion, driver Edi Singkeri and another driver, Agus Soulili.
The incident, one of many since the Malino peace agreement was signed on Feb. 23 last year, "is one of several attempts by irresponsible people who wish to create disruptive conditions," Maluku Police chief Brig. Gen. Pol. Bambang Sutrisno said.
Police are searching for a man who is about 1.60 meters tall and wearing a yellow jacket and black trousers.
The Malino agreement has brought relative peace to the area. Nevertheless, at least five explosions and more than 10 bomb threats have attempted to shatter the frail peace.
People in Maluku have become less easily provoked than before, especially with the exit of the Laskar Jihad Islamic militia and the arrest of separatist Maluku Sovereignty Forum (FKM) leader Alex Manuputty, police said.
Manuputty, who is facing criminal charges in Jakarta, was in Ambon on Tuesday to attend last week's meeting of traditional leaders. He is scheduled to attend a court hearing in Jakarta on Monday, however, he arrived in Ambon last Saturday, together with National Police chief Gen. Dai Bachtiar.
Prosecutor Herry Koedoeboen told The Jakarta Post that he was not informed that the defendant would not be appearing in court, and his continued presence in Ambon, together with another FKM leader, Semmy Waeleruny, has raised speculation as to whether the explosion was an attempt to discredit the FKM.
All contents copyright © of The Jakarta Post.
Alex Manuputty Akan Diawasi Ketat
SUARA PEMBARUAN DAILY 15/1/2003
AMBON - Kepulangan tokoh Front Kedaulatan Maluku (FKM), Alex Manuputty dan Semmy Wieleruny, ke Ambon, Maluku, akan diawasi secara ketat oleh aparat pemerintah daerah dan keamanan. Namun, kepulangan mereka diharapkan tetap mendukung situasi Maluku yang semakin kondusif.
Hal itu disampaikan Pejabat Sementara (Pjs) Gubernur Maluku, SH Sarundajang, di Ambon, Selasa (14/1), ketika melepas rombongan Kabinet Gotong Royong yang mengunjungi NTT, Ambon dan Papua.
Menurut Sarundajang, pemerintah terus berupaya meningkatkan iklim kondusif yang sedang tumbuh di sebagian besar wilayah Maluku.
Dengan demikian, siapa pun akan diawasi secara ketat oleh pemerintah dan aparat keamanan untuk mendukung situasi aman dan kondusif. Termasuk kepulangan kedua tokoh Front Kedaulatan Maluku tersebut.
"Semua pihak perlu mendukung situasi Maluku, khususnya Ambon, yang sudah kondusif. Sedangkan pada tokoh-tokoh tertentu akan diawasi ketat dan jika memancing konflik akan ditangkap," katanya.
Sejumlah informasi menyebutkan bahwa tokoh FKM, Alex Manuputty dan Semmy Wieleruny kembali ke Ambon sejak dua hari lalu. Hingga kini belum diketahui aktivitas yang akan dilakukan Alex dan Semmy. Pemda juga akan meminta jaminan dari kedua tokoh tersebut, mereka tidak akan memprovokasi terjadinya konflik di Maluku.
Dalam dialog jajaran Pemda Maluku, tokoh masyarakat, pemuka agama dan mahasiswa dengan sejumlah menteri kabinet Gotong Royong, di Ambon, Menteri Negara Pendayagunaan Aparatur Negara (Menneg PAN) Feisal Tamin mengimbau semua pihak di Maluku bersatu padu menghadapi berbagai isu menyesatkan yang sengaja dihembuskan.
Dia berharap situasi dan kondisi keamanan yang semakin kondusif di Maluku dapat terus ditingkatkan guna menjamin rehabilitasi dan rekonstruksi berbagai sarana dan prasarana yang hancur akibat konflik. (H-12)
< Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next >
- THESE ARE THE MOLUCCAN ISLANDS: FACTS & OPINIONS
- MELANESIA VERSUS INDONESIA
- ABOUT MOLUCCAS INTERNATIONAL CAMPAIGN FOR HUMAN RIGHTS
- REPRESSION OF A BASIC HUMAN RIGHT IN MALUKU: FREEDOM OF POLITICAL EXPRESSION
- TOP STORIES
- SOUTH MOLUCCAS ISLANDS’ ILLEGAL OCCUPATION BY JAKARTA
- MOLUCCAS SOVEREIGNTY FRONT - FRONT KEDAULATAN MALUKU (FKM)
- PESTA DEMOKRASI: FRONT KEDAULATAN MALUKU MENUNTUT PENGEMBALIAN KEDAULATAN RMS 25 APRIL 1950 – 25 APRIL 2014
- PHOTOS FKM-RMS DEMONSTRATION IN FRONT OF PARLIAMENT HOUSE OF ADELAIDE, AUSTRALIA ON OCTOBER 26, 2010 & SEPTEMBER 7, 2010
- PROKLAMASI NEGARA REPUBLIK MALUKU SELATAN (RMS)
- MAFIA HUKUM INDONESIA - JUDICIAL MAFIA
- INDONESIAN PRESIDENT JOKO “JOKOWI” WIDODO SURROUNDED BY KILLERS & RENT-SEEKERS
- GOLPUT & KORUPSI POLITIK di INDONESIA dan PEMILIHAN 2014 - NON VOTERS / THE WHITE GROUP & POLITICAL CORRUPTION in INDONESIA and the 2014 ELECTIONS
- INDONESIA = REPUBLIK MALING & KEBOHONGAN REZIM SBY
- CORRUPTION - POVERTY & UNDERDEVELOPMENT IN THE MOLUCCAS – KORUPSI - KEMISKINAN DAN KETERBELAKANGAN DI MALUKU
- PALM OIL PLANTATION CRIME IN INDONESIA AND ITS CORRUPT POLITICAL MACHINE
- MASELA - OIL AND GAS BLOCKS CAN LIBERATE MALUKU FROM POVERTY
- ILLEGAL GOLD RUSH ON BURU ISLAND IN THE MOLUCCAS
- SAVE ARU ISLANDS
- SAVE ROMANG
- SUSILO BAMBANG YUDHOYONO AND HIS GENERALS
- INDONESIAN MILITARY INVOLVEMENT WITH AGGRESSIVE MINING, ILLEGAL LOGGING AND ILLEGAL FISHING IN THE MOLUCCAS
- LASKAR JIHAD - SUHARTO COMPANIONS AND THE MOLUCCAN CIVIL WAR - JUSTICE DEMAND
- MOLUCCAS: GENOCIDE ON THE SLY – INDONESIA’S TRANSMIGRATION AND ISLAMISATION PROGRAM
- OUR CAMPAIGN & CONTACT MICHR
- ECOLOGY & SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN THE MOLUCCAS
- DISPLACED PEOPLE IN THE MOLUCCAS - PENGUNGSI DI MALUKU
- INSIDE INDONESIA’S WAR ON TERROR
- TNI, BRIMOB AND STATE TERROR IN THE MOLUCCAS
- IMPUNITY AND THE INDONESIAN MASTERS OF TERROR
- STOP KILLING - ASSAULTING and KIDNAPPING JOURNALISTS IN INDONESIA
- 8 March - International Women's Day
- 26 June - UN INTERNATIONAL DAY in SUPPORT of VICTIMS of TORTURE
- 9 August - UN INTERNATIONAL DAY OF THE WORLD’S INDIGENOUS PEOPLES
- RIGHTS OF INDIGENOUS PEOPLES - HAK ASASI MASYARAKAT ADAT
- GUESTBOOK - FEEDBACK
- THE DUTCH - INDONESIA CORPORATE CONNECTION
- LIBERATING OUR COLONIAL MINDSET
- UNPO: IN PURSUIT OF THE RIGHT TO SELF-DETERMINATION
- NKRI DIDIRIKAN DI ATAS KONSEP YANG SALAH
- ORANG-ORANG JAKARTA DI BALIK TRAGEDI MALUKU
- Wawancara Dr Tamrin Amal Tomagola di Washington: Pentolan Konflik Maluku, Satu Mantan, 3 Jenderal Aktif