"As long as there are human rights to be defended; as long as there are great interests to be guarded; as long as the welfare of nations is a matter for discussion, so long will public speaking have its place."
William Jennings Bryan (American Politician and Orator. 1860-1925)
MOLUCCAS INTERNATIONAL CAMPAIGN FOR HUMAN RIGHTS
A CALL FOR JUSTICE, INTERNATIONAL SOLIDARITY AND SUPPORT
MICHR is set up in april 2008 to raise international awareness of the current situation in the Moluccas (Maluku) and it is composed of individuals in different countries involved in human rights and justice issues.
MICHR is an independent organization for human rights and social justice. The core objective is to raise international awareness with regard to violations of fundamental human rights on the Moluccan Islands.
The worldwide campaign activities of MICHR has the International Bill of Human Rights as startingpoint and consist of:
- the Universal Declaration of Human Rights - 10 December 1948
- the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) - 16 December 1966
International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
- the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR) - 16 December 1966
In May 2006 the Indonesian government ratified the two key human rights instruments, the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) and the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR) however, until now there are no signs of implementation of these two covenants into their domestic legislation.
Also in 1998 Indonesia had ratified the UN Anti-Torture Convention, which protects the non-derogable rights of people.
MICHR is committed to the promotion and protection of all civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights.
MICHR covers a wide range of issues including ecological justice, campaigning for the rights of all Moluccan political prisoners of conscience and against the politics of impunity towards certain elements within the TNI (Indonesian army), Polri (Indonesian police) and the political elite, accountable for gross human rights violations in the Moluccas. And last but not least the demilitarization of the Moluccas.
MICHR strives to achieve these objectives by:
- disseminating information through this website and by other digital means / social media to the international media and the public in general in order to mobilize the international public opinion;
- lobbying politicians and members of parliaments all over the world, European Commisson and other super-national bodies;
- networking and cooperation with other international human rights and environmental organizations, indigenous peoples organizations, pro-democracy organizations in Indonesia and in other parts of the world.
May 23, 2008
ILO TV interviews Kofi Annan, former United Nations Secretary-General and Nobel Peace Prize laureate, and Director of the Kofi Annan Foundation.
Each year, World Day for Social Justice draws global attention to efforts to eradicate poverty and promote social well-being, equality and full and decent employment. In 2010 this search for a "society for all" faces severe challenges brought on by the global economic and jobs crises, resurging poverty and long-term social uncertainty.
Against this backdrop, the ILO has launched a year-long Voices on Social Justice Campaign to provide a global platform for perspectives on what social justice means today and how it might be achieved in the years to come.
International Labour Organization ILO TV
Hira i ni entub fo i ni, it did entub fo it did. (A person’s property shall remain that person’s property, our property remains our own).
- THESE ARE THE MOLUCCAN ISLANDS: FACTS & OPINIONS
- MELANESIA VERSUS INDONESIA
- ABOUT MOLUCCAS INTERNATIONAL CAMPAIGN FOR HUMAN RIGHTS
- REPRESSION OF A BASIC HUMAN RIGHT IN MALUKU: FREEDOM OF POLITICAL EXPRESSION
- TOP STORIES
- SOUTH MOLUCCAS ISLANDS’ ILLEGAL OCCUPATION BY JAKARTA
- MOLUCCAS SOVEREIGNTY FRONT - FRONT KEDAULATAN MALUKU (FKM)
- PESTA DEMOKRASI: FRONT KEDAULATAN MALUKU MENUNTUT PENGEMBALIAN KEDAULATAN RMS 25 APRIL 1950 – 25 APRIL 2014
- PHOTOS FKM-RMS DEMONSTRATION IN FRONT OF PARLIAMENT HOUSE OF ADELAIDE, AUSTRALIA ON OCTOBER 26, 2010 & SEPTEMBER 7, 2010
- PROKLAMASI NEGARA REPUBLIK MALUKU SELATAN (RMS)
- MAFIA HUKUM INDONESIA - JUDICIAL MAFIA
- INDONESIAN PRESIDENT JOKO “JOKOWI” WIDODO SURROUNDED BY KILLERS & RENT-SEEKERS
- GOLPUT & KORUPSI POLITIK di INDONESIA dan PEMILIHAN 2014 - NON VOTERS / THE WHITE GROUP & POLITICAL CORRUPTION in INDONESIA and the 2014 ELECTIONS
- INDONESIA = REPUBLIK MALING & KEBOHONGAN REZIM SBY
- CORRUPTION - POVERTY & UNDERDEVELOPMENT IN THE MOLUCCAS – KORUPSI - KEMISKINAN DAN KETERBELAKANGAN DI MALUKU
- PALM OIL PLANTATION CRIME IN INDONESIA AND ITS CORRUPT POLITICAL MACHINE
- MASELA - OIL AND GAS BLOCKS CAN LIBERATE MALUKU FROM POVERTY
- ILLEGAL GOLD RUSH ON BURU ISLAND IN THE MOLUCCAS
- SAVE ARU ISLANDS
- SAVE ROMANG
- SUSILO BAMBANG YUDHOYONO AND HIS GENERALS
- INDONESIAN MILITARY INVOLVEMENT WITH AGGRESSIVE MINING, ILLEGAL LOGGING AND ILLEGAL FISHING IN THE MOLUCCAS
- LASKAR JIHAD - SUHARTO COMPANIONS AND THE MOLUCCAN CIVIL WAR - JUSTICE DEMAND
- MOLUCCAS: GENOCIDE ON THE SLY – INDONESIA’S TRANSMIGRATION AND ISLAMISATION PROGRAM
- OUR CAMPAIGN & CONTACT MICHR
- ECOLOGY & SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN THE MOLUCCAS
- DISPLACED PEOPLE IN THE MOLUCCAS - PENGUNGSI DI MALUKU
- INSIDE INDONESIA’S WAR ON TERROR
- TNI, BRIMOB AND STATE TERROR IN THE MOLUCCAS
- IMPUNITY AND THE INDONESIAN MASTERS OF TERROR
- STOP KILLING - ASSAULTING and KIDNAPPING JOURNALISTS IN INDONESIA
- 8 March - International Women's Day
- 9 August - UN INTERNATIONAL DAY OF THE WORLD’S INDIGENOUS PEOPLES
- RIGHTS OF INDIGENOUS PEOPLES - HAK ASASI MASYARAKAT ADAT
- GUESTBOOK - FEEDBACK
- THE DUTCH - INDONESIA CORPORATE CONNECTION
- LIBERATING OUR COLONIAL MINDSET
- UNPO: IN PURSUIT OF THE RIGHT TO SELF-DETERMINATION
- NKRI DIDIRIKAN DI ATAS KONSEP YANG SALAH
- GAJAH DENGAN GAJAH BERLAGA, ORANG MALUKU MATI DI TENGAH - TENGAH
- THE PLAYERS BEHIND THE MALUKU MADNESS