Maluku remains calm following RMS anniversary
Those arrested will be given the opportunity to renounce their support for the RMS. Those who refuse to do so could face charges of subversion and holding illegal meetings.
Police in Ambon are having difficulty finding room for the 300 detainees.
Ambon Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Teguh Budi Prasojo said the detention block at the police station was unable to accommodate the nearly 250 detainees from Central Maluku.
"Some of the detainees will be put in the detention house at the local military base because the police only have four detention cells," he said.
Maluku Governor Sinyo Harry Sarundajang said his administration would investigate the detainees to determine who among them were true separatists.
"It is possible that some of the detainees are not actually RMS supporters, but are only disappointed with the government for other reasons," he said.
He said that many residents of the village of Aboru were dissatisfied with the government for its failure to build roads and other facilities in their village.
Sarundajang promised to try and satisfy the villagers' demand for improved infrastructure, and asked the police and the military to help develop the road network in the regency.
All contents copyright © of The Jakarta Post.
FKM News Network
Ambon, 28 April 2003.
FRONTKEDAULATAN MALUKU (FKM)
UNTOLD FACTS AND CHRONOLOGY OF TNI/POLICE BRUTALITY IN MALUKU
Surroundings celebration of the South Moluccas Republic 53rd. Independence Anniversary on April 25th 2003.
Proud, defiance, and the sacrifice by the Moluccan independence activists on pursuit of rights, freedom, and liberty by celebrating and hoisting the South Moluccan flags have to face under the Indonesian military brutality that will act in violation of human rights and which those soldiers feel so proud carrying the weapons in the military uniform to hide away their fears.
The brutal actions by the Indonesian soldiers and police against the independence activists who only fight on the bases of morality and non-violence.
1. April 23, 2003, at 13.35, A group of soldiers of battalion 743 Udayana destroyed the office of FKM at Kudamati, abused, tortured, and humiliated some activist members who were having lunch, at the guarding post in front of the offic. They threw away the meal and drink the people had, they even urinated on the meal. And the post itself was totally destroyed. The plates and glasses were also broken when they were saying the rude words as showing that they are really from the barbarian nation.
2. April 23-24, 2003 at 02.00 in the night, a group of soldiers from battalion cavalry 10 Makassar and some people of PAMSWAKARSA/paramilitary/militia pro Jakarta kidnapped 7 members of FKM, from their houses at Karang Panjang, Ambon and took them to TNI post. These seven people became the captives and without any meals to consume.
3. April 24, 2003, at 15.30, the TNI and POLRI took 16 activist members from the village of Allang. In which there was a police of Mobile Brigade beat and tortured the people. These 16 people were taken to the Police station for City of Ambon and Lease islands
4. April 25, 2003, at 09.00, 19 FKM members from Hutumuri villages surrendered themselves willingly to the TNI and POLRI after hoisting the South Moluccan flags.
5. April 26, 2003, at 22.30, 44 FKM members from Aboru villages, Haruku island arrived at the Maluku Police station as they were arrested by TNI and Police after being deceived - they were told to have a meeting at the village hall. Actually all FKM members surrendered themselves willingly as a consequence of hoisting 1037 flags in Aboru villages itself that were hoisted by 1,000 people, but the TNI and Police could not respond to it. The TNI and Police deceived the people so there are only some people taken to Ambon.
After they arrest and captured the FKM activists, there are about 130 people that are arrested, up to April 27, 2003, unfortunately, the Indonesian government can not provide their daily needs in which their meals and drinks, and health care are not totally sufficient as the government should treat these 130 people according to international procedure and agreement regarding the political prisoners (not criminal).
Some FKM members' hair are cut baldly and they were ordered to squat, and they only eat once a day, and the meals and drinks are not really hygienic to consume. The other worse action is that putting 7 or 8 people in a cell of 1 x 1,5 m. This is mixed, men and women in a cell. The action of the Indonesia government is really contradicting to the principle of just and civilized humanity, as what Pancasila states as the source of positive law in Indonesia.
Therefore, FRONT KEDAULATAN MALUKU / Moluccas Sovereignty Front strongly protest and condemn the action of the soldiers and police that do not really respect human rights and Pancasila itself. We ask the President of Republic of Indonesia, Mrs. Megawati Soekarnoputri to soon take the action against the commanders until the privates who have betrayed the commitment of the just and civilized state, and have humiliated the values of Pancasila that should be respected.
Amboina, 28 April 2003
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FKM for Moral, Truth, Dignity and Restitution of "Free Maluku Nation"
- THESE ARE THE MOLUCCAN ISLANDS: FACTS & OPINIONS
- MELANESIA VERSUS INDONESIA
- ABOUT MOLUCCAS INTERNATIONAL CAMPAIGN FOR HUMAN RIGHTS
- REPRESSION OF A BASIC HUMAN RIGHT IN MALUKU: FREEDOM OF POLITICAL EXPRESSION
- TOP STORIES
- SOUTH MOLUCCAS ISLANDS’ ILLEGAL OCCUPATION BY JAKARTA
- MOLUCCAS SOVEREIGNTY FRONT - FRONT KEDAULATAN MALUKU (FKM)
- LETTERS DR. ALEXANDER H. MANUPUTTY TO THE UN & HEADS OF STATE AND GOVERNMENT AND AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL
- PESTA DEMOKRASI: FRONT KEDAULATAN MALUKU MENUNTUT PENGEMBALIAN KEDAULATAN RMS 25 APRIL 1950 – 25 APRIL 2014
- PHOTOS FKM-RMS DEMONSTRATION IN FRONT OF PARLIAMENT HOUSE OF ADELAIDE, AUSTRALIA ON OCTOBER 26, 2010 & SEPTEMBER 7, 2010
- PROKLAMASI NEGARA REPUBLIK MALUKU SELATAN (RMS)
- MAFIA HUKUM INDONESIA - JUDICIAL MAFIA
- INDONESIAN PRESIDENT JOKO “JOKOWI” WIDODO SURROUNDED BY KILLERS & RENT-SEEKERS
- GOLPUT & KORUPSI POLITIK di INDONESIA dan PEMILIHAN 2014 - NON VOTERS / THE WHITE GROUP & POLITICAL CORRUPTION in INDONESIA and the 2014 ELECTIONS
- INDONESIA = REPUBLIK MALING & KEBOHONGAN REZIM SBY
- CORRUPTION - POVERTY & UNDERDEVELOPMENT IN THE MOLUCCAS – KORUPSI - KEMISKINAN DAN KETERBELAKANGAN DI MALUKU
- PALM OIL PLANTATION CRIME IN INDONESIA AND ITS CORRUPT POLITICAL MACHINE
- MASELA - OIL AND GAS BLOCKS CAN LIBERATE MALUKU FROM POVERTY
- ILLEGAL GOLD RUSH ON BURU ISLAND IN THE MOLUCCAS
- SAVE ARU ISLANDS
- SAVE ROMANG
- SUSILO BAMBANG YUDHOYONO AND HIS GENERALS
- INDONESIAN MILITARY INVOLVEMENT WITH AGGRESSIVE MINING, ILLEGAL LOGGING AND ILLEGAL FISHING IN THE MOLUCCAS
- LASKAR JIHAD - SUHARTO COMPANIONS AND THE MOLUCCAN CIVIL WAR - JUSTICE DEMAND
- MOLUCCAS: GENOCIDE ON THE SLY - INDONESIA’S TRANSMIGRATION PROGRAM
- OUR CAMPAIGN & CONTACT MICHR
- ECOLOGY & SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN THE MOLUCCAS
- DISPLACED PEOPLE IN THE MOLUCCAS - PENGUNGSI DI MALUKU
- INSIDE INDONESIA’S WAR ON TERROR
- TNI, BRIMOB AND STATE TERROR IN THE MOLUCCAS
- IMPUNITY AND THE INDONESIAN MASTERS OF TERROR
- STOP KILLING - ASSAULTING and KIDNAPPING JOURNALISTS IN INDONESIA
- 8 March - International Women's Day
- 9 August - UN INTERNATIONAL DAY OF THE WORLD’S INDIGENOUS PEOPLES
- RIGHTS OF INDIGENOUS PEOPLES - HAK ASASI MASYARAKAT ADAT
- THE DUTCH - INDONESIA CORPORATE CONNECTION
- LIBERATING OUR COLONIAL MINDSET
- UNPO: IN PURSUIT OF THE RIGHT TO SELF-DETERMINATION
- NKRI DIDIRIKAN DI ATAS KONSEP YANG SALAH
- GAJAH DENGAN GAJAH BERLAGA, ORANG MALUKU MATI DI TENGAH - TENGAH
- THE PLAYERS BEHIND THE MALUKU MADNESS
- INDONESIAN STATE SPONSORED UNBRIDLED NICKEL EXPLOITATION IN NORTH MOLUCCAS: SERVING THE ECONOMIC INTEREST OF INDONESIAN OLIGARCHS AND CHINA